- n.a compact disc onto which data can be written multiple times.
* * *abbrevCompact disc rewritable
* * *CD-RW UK [ˌsiː diː ɑː(r) ˈdʌb(ə)ljuː] US [ˌsi di ɑr ˈdʌb(ə)lju] noun [countable] [singular CD-RW plural CD-RWs] computingcompact disc rewritable: a CD you can use as many times as you want to record music or information from a computerThesaurus: computer memory and data storage deviceshyponym
* * *abbr. compact disc rewritable, a blank CD that can be recorded, erased, and rerecorded many times■ a disk drive that can read and record CDs
* * *the abbreviation for ‘compact disc rewritable ’ (a CD on which information, sound and pictures can be recorded and removed more than once)
Useful english dictionary. 2012.